Journal Promp Jar

   Today has been quite the lazy day. My back is giving me grief so i am taking it easy. However, relaxing isn't an easy thing for me personally. I can't watch tv for long periods of time because i start looking around the room thinking of things i should be doing instead of watching tv. Sounds great, yeah? "How productive of her!"  No! I mean it is a great joy of mine to cross things off a to do list. The downside is that I tend to get carried away with organization, cleaning and just getting things done around the house. I will spend an hour organizing papers, or just cleaning one little room in our apartment. I try to accomplish too much and i end up hurting my back yet again. Then i am incapable of doing much the next day.

       This is the reason i have done nothing today. So, I am forced to take some time to do the things that keep me sane. I am trying to get back into my art and writing. It has been a huge void in my life that i have ignored for a couple of years now, but i know that if i let it back into my life my happiness will grow 2 sizes and then i will have to buy it some fat pants.





This is my journal prompt jar. I made it a while ago, but like most of my projects it has been pushed aside and left to fend for itself in the dark craft closet. Poor guy. So today i have rescued it and I'm going to do a little writing. Prompt Jars are excellent inspiration for writers or people who just like journaling. Here's what you do...

1.) Grab a mason jar. If you dont have a jar, you can use a box. 
2.) Decorate it however you want! Like your Valentines Day boxes they made you decorate in elementary. Ah, to be young again!!
3.) Find some age appropriate journal prompts online and print them out. Here's a link to some great prompts...FREE JOURNAL PROMPTS JUST FOR YOU!!!  
 4.) Cut the prompts into strips, fold them up and put them in the prompt jar/box. 
5.) When you want to write, pick a prompt at random (NO PEEKING! I'll know if you peek.) and write about it till your little heart gives out... or until your hand cramps and you just can't take it anymore.

There are different kinds of prompts depending on your writing preference. For example, the daily journal keeper may like prompts that ask questions like "What is you favorite childhood memory?" or "What do you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years?"  Writers who prefer poetry or short stories would probably like the prompts that are simply made up of an interesting sentence, topic, saying, or even just one word for you to elaborate on. For example... "His hair was like an orange shag rug..."  or  "public libraries"  or  "...thick as thieves..."  or  "ragamuffin"... i love saying that word. I like to tape the prompt at the top of the page in my journal. 


Have fun with this! Work that creativity till it sweats! Also i want to send you off with a challenge... Are you ready? I want you to hug 5 times a day for one week. Thats a grand total of 35 hugs. You can do it!! I dont care who you hug. It can be your mom, your dog, a friend, or even the bum on the corner. 5 Hugs a day or I'll find you. (Im kidding. Im kidding)So get out there and hug some people because after all,  hugs are free! If not for the love of your fellow human beings, then do it for your health. Check out some health benefits of hugging here 


 Till next time, stay happy!






 



Comments

  1. I really really enjoy the thought of fat pants for your happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Tiger Invitations & Template Download

Reintroduction

DIY Ball Toss Game